Who Can Apply: OTEC is committed to furthering education and training beyond high school to help a skilled, educated workforce for the future health of our communities. Scholarship programs are one of the ways to support our local communities and represent a significant investment in and promotion of our members and their dependent children. These scholarship programs also fulfill one of OTEC’s Core Values: Commitment to Community. Your cooperative is making a difference in the lives of our members, their families, and our communities. This scholarship is for graduating high school students.
1. Applicant, applicant’s spouse, legal dependent or leasee of an OTEC member who has an active meter within OTEC’s system is eligible to apply for a scholarship.
2. Applicant is required to submit three total letters of recommendation, including two academic letters of recommendation.
3. Applicant will have successfully held at least a part-time job, summer job, internship, or a regular volunteer position during the past year and include submission of a supervisor’s recommendation letter in addition to the two letters as required in Line 2 above.
4. Applicant should have achieved a 3.0 or higher GPA.
5. Applicant will complete and submit the OTEC’s scholarship application per the instruction for the program by the published deadline, doing so without errors or omissions.
6. Transcripts and/or letters of recommendations must be submitted along with the application, on or before the program deadline.
7. Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
8. Scholarships will be granted to attend full time (12-hour minimum) accredited college or university.
1. Write a letter of thanks addressed to the Board of Directors, the scholarship committee, and the OTEC membership.
2. Send a high resolution (300dpi) portrait photo to [email protected] within 2 weeks of receiving notification of award.
3. Submit a copy of enrollment verification a minimum of 45 days prior to the start of the first term. Once enrollment has been verified, OTEC will release the funds to the school
Deadline: January 31, 2021