Who Can Apply: OTEC is committed to furthering education and training beyond high school to help a skilled, educated workforce for the future health of our communities. Scholarship programs are one of the ways to support our local communities and represent a significant investment in and promotion of our members. These scholarship programs also fulfill one of OTEC’s Core Values: Commitment to Community. Your cooperative is making a difference in the lives of our members, their families and our communities. This scholarship is for returning college students or adults attending college for the first time.
1. Applicant, applicant’s spouse, legal dependent or leasee of an OTEC member who has an active meter within OTEC’s system is eligible to apply for a scholarship.
2. Applicant is required to submit a total of three letters of recommendation from a current or former employer or supervisor, a current or former educator or from a member of the community.
3. Applicant will have successfully held at least a part-time job, summer job, internship, or a regular volunteer position during the past year.
5. Applicant will complete and submit the OTEC’s scholarship application per the instruction for the program by the published deadline, doing so without errors or omissions.
6. Transcripts and/or letters of recommendations must be submitted along with the application, on or before the program deadline.
7. Scholarships will be granted to attend full time (12 hour minimum) accredited college or university.
8. Applicant should have achieved a 3.0 or higher GPA.
9. Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
1. Write a letter of thanks addressed to the Board of Directors, the scholarship committee, and the OTEC membership.
2. Send a high resolution (300dpi) portrait photo to [email protected] within 2 weeks of receiving notification of award.
3. Submit a copy of enrollment verification a minimum of 45 days prior to the start of the first term. Once enrollment has been verified, OTEC will release the funds to the school
Deadline: January 31, 2021