Who Can Apply: One-time scholarships in an amount to be determined on an annual basis by Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative’s (OTEC) Board of Directors will be awarded under the following guidelines:
- Available to active members and their dependents receiving electric service from OTEC.
- Scholarships will be granted to attend full-time (12 hour minimum) an accredited vocational school, technical, college or university..
- Applicant should have achieved a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Applicant must be of good character as evidenced by two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher, principal or counselor at the education institution they currently attend (or attended in the past) and the other from a community member.
- Applicant must have successfully held at least a part-time job, internship, or volunteer position during the past year. A letter of recommendation from the employer/supervisor/organization must be included in addition to the two letters required in #4 above.
- Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
- Economic need, history of community involvement, and potential for success of the applicant will be considered.
Deadline: January 25, 2018
Learn More: http://otecc.com/community/scholarships