Who Can Apply:
- a member of the Mountain Heritage (WV) Credit Union (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the June Keeper Scholarship);
- a non-traditional (not graduating high school senior) woman seeking vocational/educational support who lives in any of the Foundation’s service region counties (previously listed, Question 1) or alternately, in Tyler County, WV or Meigs or Athens Counties in OH (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Women’s Opportunity Fund Scholarship);
- a dependent of a Simonton Windows employee (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Simonton Windows Scholarship);
- a dependent child of a former employee of the Ames Company, based in Parkersburg, WV, until the time of its closing (if yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Douglas E. Cochran Scholarship);
- a Jackson or Kanawha County WV resident pursuing paramedic, EMT, EMTI certification or a nursing degree (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Dr. David Monroe Ritchie Scholarship);
- a graduating high school senior from Noble County who has been involved with high school athletics (if yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Bob Zide Scholarship);
- a graduating senior who resides in Athens, Noble or Meigs Counties in Ohio who plans to pursue at least an associates’ degree in a program related to manufacturing, transportation or logistics (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Hino Scholarship);
- a dependent child of a Wes-Jack, Inc. company, or resident of Lewis, Braxton, Upshur, Harrison or Randolph counties in West Virginia (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Larry D. and Margaret D. Brown Scholarship);
- a resident of Cook, DuPage, or Will Counties in Illinois pursuing a degree in library science (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Susan Kraybill Roberts Scholarship);
- a resident of the Tyrone School District in PA (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Lubeck Elementary Teacher Scholarship);
- a resident of Mingo County in WV or Meigs or Galia County, OH, who is enrolled in the College of Health Professions at Marshall University (If yes, then you may be eligible to apply for the Preece Family Scholarship).
- Review the Scholarship Description List to determine your eligibility for specific scholarships. This year, we have provided this description list in both a word document and an excel chart. The excel chart is sortable, so this may assist you to more easily locate schlolarships for which you are eligible. Both lists provide information on the name, eligiblity, and review criteria for Foundation scholarships. Scholarships are categorized by county on each list.
- Once you have identified the scholarships for which you are eligble, you need to complete Our Community’s Foundation Online General Scholarship Application Form, in order to apply for most scholarships. The online application for 2016 is open until March 3, 2016. On this form, you must place a check mark next to those scholarships for which you want to be considered (please ensure that you meet eligibility criteria before applying for a specific scholarship). To start an application, you must create an account and establish a user name and password. You need to remember this user name and password to return to your application. You do not need to complete the application in one sitting. You may save your changes and return to finish later. You can return to your application to complete it by going to Applications & Forms and clicking again on the link to the online application. If you have already created an account and started your application, you will be asked to enter your user name and password in order to continue working on your application. When you are satisfied that your application is complete, you must click “submit” on the final page of the application. You will receive an e-mail confirmation once you submit your application. If you do not receive this e-mail confirmation, contact the foundation.
- A few Foundation scholarships require separate application forms. Applications for scholarships not included on the Consolidated General Online Application Form also are available by clicking Applications. Information on application deadlines for these particular scholarships is on the specific application.
- See our Student Tip Sheet for information to help prepare your application. Our staff is available to explain the scholarships process. If you need help, regardless of which county you live in, direct your questions to the Central Office Scholarships Program Officer. Use the Contact Us link on this page to communicate with the Scholarships Program Officer.
Deadline: March 3, 2016