Who Can Apply: The Patricia M. Blount Scholarship was established to provide educational and training opportunities to female students throughout Alachua and Bradford counties. Patricia Blount has been an exemplary mother, grandmother, businesswoman, and community leader in numerous civic organizations, including the PACE Center. The PACE Center for Girls, Inc. provides an opportunity for young girls 12-18 years of age in high risk situations to develop some positive life options, management, and independent living skills to prepare them for real life experiences. Her concern for improving the quality of life for all people in our community is unsurpassed. Through this scholarship program, she is providing an opportunity for students to obtain an education and training, which will enhance their career goals and allow them to participate as a contributing person in our society.
- Student must have 2.0 GPA
- Full time or part time enrollment (12 credit hours for full time student, part time student will be prorated for the number of hours attending) 6 hours minimum
- Alachua or Bradford County Resident
- Female students
- Preference to girls in PACE Program
- Pursuing A.A. (Associate in Arts), A.S. (Associate in Science) Degree, or Certificate Program
Deadline: October 15, 2019