Who Can Apply: Each year, subject to availability of funds, up to two scholarships are awarded to first year students planning to major in Arts in Music, Music and/or Music Education at Louisiana State University College of Music.
Submission: In addition to submitting the Common Application, applicants must submit the following:
- Academic resume
- Letter of recommendation from a music teacher or someone that can speak about your musical talents, aspirations and/or accomplishments.
- Personal Statement: Your personal statement should reflect your demonstrated love of music. Please provide a personal statement, approximately 350-500 words that incorporate the following:
- What instrument(s) do you play?
- List your high school musical activities and describe your involvement in each.
- List your music honors and achievements.
- What do you consider your most rewarding musical experience?
- What are your career plans and goals for the future?
- Please state your reasons for applying for this scholarship.
Deadline: May 31, 2017
Learn More: http://www.braf.org/paul-brown