peermusic Latin Scholarship (Deadline: February 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Student enrolled at a college or university located in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Between the ages of 17 and 24 as of time of submission
- Must have never had any musical work commercially recorded or distributed
- Is not a prior peermusic Latin Scholarship winner (excluding Honorable Mentions)
- The submitted entry must be an original song or instrumental work in a Latin genre. Both lyrics and music must be original and not based on any prior work.
- Applicants may submit only one song or instrumental work to the competition
- The entry must be submitted as a MP3 or MP4a file, which should be named only with the title of the song. One copy of the lyrics must also be submitted as a PDF. Neither of these items may indicate the name of the applicant or their school. Applicants should retain copies of their recordings and lyrics since the Foundation will not undertake to return materials.
- If a submitted work is written by two or more applicants (e.g., a composer and lyricist):
- All applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Such a jointly written work will be considered as a single entry.
- Should a jointly written work receive any type of award under this contest, the scholarship will be divided equally between applicants.
Deadline: February 1, 2018