The Pensters Scholarship (Deadline: May 31, 2016)
Who Can Apply: The only requirement is that you should be a current high school/college/university student.
- Essay length should be a minimum of 400-500 words.
- Answer the following questions in your essay:
- Who is the Penster?
- What is his/her story?
- Why does our world need heroes like him/her?
Bear in mind: There is no need to answer the questions directly. Your answers could be traced all over the writing. For example, you could write about a real person that deserves the rank of the Penster (but don’t forget to explain why you consider him/her worthy of this title). You could also create a legend, a myth or a fairy tale and write about that. Or, if it suits you better, you could write a whole research paper on this topic.
- The recommended essay type would be narrative writing, but we give you complete freedom to express yourself in your own way. So don’t limit yourself to the suggested narrative writing, which normally would suit this task best.
- Do not write about yourself and don’t try to explain why you deserve to win the scholarship. We only care about the quality and creativity of your writing. Your reasons for participating and the explanations on why you need the money are not relevant in this case.
- Any point of view is acceptable. However, there must be no racism, sexism or fascism in your story. It is really hard to get these things into an essay about the Penster, so please don’t try to do it.
- If you use clichés, use amusing ones. It is also okay to use slang as long as your writing style requires it. However, we would strongly recommend you to avoid profanity.
- You don’t have to stick to academic style in this essay – you have enough of that in college, after all. So be creative.
Deadline: May 31, 2016
Learn More: https://www.thepensters.com/win-a-scholarship/