Who Can Apply: This scholarship is sponsored by Pentagon Federal Credit Union to fund pilot training towards a private pilot’s license for three AFA members at a facility of their choice.
The scholarship will be up to $10,000 and will be applied towards instructor training and aircraft rental. The funds are not applicable to other expenses such as medical exams, knowledge and practical exams, equipment, housing, and transportation. Any amount required beyond the $10,000 must be covered by the student. Payment will be made directly to the training facility on the student’s behalf.
The scholarship is open to current AFA members. No previous flight experience is necessary.
- Applicant must submit a complete application online by April 30, 2021.
- Applicant must include an essay of not more than 600 words describing how this scholarship and a private pilot’s license will assist in achieving their career or educational goals.
- If the applicant is a current or recent high school, college, or university student, an unofficial transcript is required.
- Per FAA requirements, the student must be 16 years old to fly solo and 17 years old to obtain a private pilot certificate.
- Applicant must be available to utilize the funds for flight training in 2021.
- Applicant must be a current AFA member.
Deadline: April 30, 2021