Phoenix Pride Scholarship (Deadline: April 27, 2018)
Who Can Apply: The Pride Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, or Queer OR are the dependent of a self identified LGBTQ parent. The fund was created by Phoenix Pride to support LGBTQ students in furthering their educational goals.
- A student currently attending an accredited school in Arizona; or a May graduate from a high school in Maricopa County, accepted at an Arizona college for the following school year.
- Intent to enroll as a full-time student while receiving the scholarship (minimum 12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduate per semester).
- Self-identified member of the LGBTQ community with a record of involvement in the LGBTQ community OR dependent of self identified LGBTQ parent.
- One additional award available at $1,000 for a student involved in high school sports at the junior varsity or varsity level.
- Financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school or college courses.
- Letter of Recommendation; LGBTQ Community Leader – This letter of recommendation must be completed by a LGBTQ community leader noting your community involvement.
- Are you the dependent of a LGBTQ parent(s)?
- Letter from LGBTQ parent – Required for dependents of LGBTQ parent(s)
Deadline: April 27, 2018