Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be planning to attend or currently enrolled in a higher education establishment, including but not limited to colleges, seminaries, institutes of technology, vocational schools, and other institutions that award academic degrees or professional certifications.
- Applicants who have been awarded the Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano General Annual Scholarship will not be eligible to submit for the scholarship again.
- Please fill out the application form.
- Please select a topic from the list below and write a 500-1,000 word essay:
- Describe a situation in which you or someone you know was hurt at work, or a situation otherwise relating to workers’ compensation. Discuss the situation, how it was resolved, and anything learned by the experience.
- The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act was enacted in 1915, but has had several amendments since then. What should the newest amendment to the Act be, and why?
- Pick a controversial issue in your community at home or at school, and suggest a solution.
- Please submit an acceptance letter or proof of enrollment such as an acceptance letter or class registration receipt for your application to be considered.
Deadline: May 30, 2017