Pratt & Whitney Engine Maintenance Training Scholarships (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Pratt & Whitney will award a total of six engine maintenance training scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in aviation maintenance.
- Winners will have the option to attend any one of the commercial engines maintenance training courses offered by Pratt & Whitney, such as system familiarization, borescope, or line and base maintenance on the JT8D, PW2000, PW4000, PT6, PT100 or the newest PW1100G engine series.
- The Pratt & Whitney Maintenance Training Scholarship shall be redeemed at the P&W Customer Training Center in East Hartford, Connecticut.
- For small P&W engine training (P&W Canada engines), the training will take place at a Flight Safety International (FSI) facility (location that is most convenient for the recipient).
- Hotel accommodations and airfare within the U.S. are covered as part of the maintenance training scholarship; international recipients will attend training at the nearest FSI facility.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018