Price Benowitz Social Justice Scholarship (Deadline: May 1, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in social justice, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- An updated resumé
- A 750-word essay responding to the following prompt: What are some significant challenges people with disabilities encounter on a regular basis? What are some practicable public policies that could address these challenges? Feel free to speak about the challenges you have experienced or witnessed in a loved-one’s life.
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s school (NOTE: First-year college students must submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as an unofficial transcript from their current post-secondary institution.)
Deadline: May 1, 2016
Learn More: Price Benowitz Social Justice Scholarship