Prina Family Scholarship (Deadline: March 17, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be a high school senior or a college undergraduate who graduated from a traditional public high school in Graham County, Arizona. (No charters, private schools or home-schooled graduates.) Slight preference will be given to college undergraduates.
- Attending a college or university following high school graduation.
- Minimum high school unweighted GPA of 3.25 for high school student and 3.0 for college students.
- ACT or SAT test scores strongly recommended.
- Student in any field of study at any undergraduate level with a minimum of 2 semesters before college graduation.
- Slight preference is given to students with financial need as determined by FAFSA or explain financial need in writing on a scholarship application.
- Selection will be based on essay ideas (15%) and essay organization / grammar (10%), characteristic to achieve (25%) including leadership, extracurricular activities, character, ethics, etc., community involvement (15%), academic performance (15%), references (10%), and financial need (10%).
- Identify a risk you have taken or ethical dilemma you have faced, and describe how it changed you. (Please limit your response to 500 words.)
- Which leadership positions or roles have you held in high school and/or community organizations? Which has been most important to you and why? (Please limit your response to 300 words.)
- Is there additional information that you would like to share with the committee? (Please limit your response to 300 words.)
Deadline: March 17, 2019