Who Can Apply: The Prina Family’s goal is to provide a scholarship for students who graduate from a public high school in Graham County, Arizona.
- Must be a high school senior or a college undergraduate who graduated from a traditional public high school in Graham County, Arizona. (No charters, private schools or home-schooled graduates.) Slight preference is given to college undergraduates.
- Preference is given to students who are below the top 10% of their class.
- Attending a college or university seeking a bachelor’s degree. Preference is given to students attending in-state schools or with an explanation for the need to out of state.
- Minimum high school unweighted GPA of 3.25 for high school student and 3.0 for college students.
- ACT or SAT test scores strongly recommended.
- Student in any field of study at any undergraduate level with a minimum of 2 semesters remaining before college graduation.
- Slight preference is given to students with financial need as determined by FAFSA or explanation of financial need shared in writing on a scholarship application.
- Selection will be based on essay ideas (20%) and essay organization / grammar (15%), characteristic to achieve (25%) including leadership, extracurricular activities, character, ethics, etc., community involvement (15%), academic performance (15%), and financial need (10%).
- Identify a risk you have taken or ethical dilemma you have faced, and describe how it changed you. (Please limit your response to 500 words.)
- Which leadership positions or roles have you held in high school and/or community organizations? Which has been most important to you and why? (Please limit your response to 300 words.)
- If you didn’t submit test scores, please explain why?
- Is there additional information that you would like to share with the committee? This is where you can explain a high EFC, lack of community service or other application deficiencies. (Please limit your response to 300 words.)
Deadline: March 15, 2020