PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship (Deadline: May 27, 2016)
Who Can Apply: You must be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited four-year college or university. Membership in the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is preferred, but is not a requirement. A major or minor in public relations is also preferred. A student who attends a school that does not offer a public relations degree or program must be enrolled in a communications degree program (e.g., journalism or mass communications).
You must be of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry.
You must have attained, by Fall 2016, at least junior status and have at most one full term remaining. You also must have earned and maintained a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 point scale in all courses.
- A completed application form.
- An official transcript of all college/university courses completed.
- A brief letter of recommendation from a PRSA member or an individual associated with the public relations profession (corporate, agency, government, non-profit) or higher education.
- A typed, double-spaced two page essay, on one of the following topics:
- Why does diversity matter to the public relations industry? What is the significance of having a diverse workforce in the public relations industry?
- How is diversity enacted in everyday public relations practice?
- What recent multicultural communication efforts have helped to bridge the gap between the community and the company/institution?
Deadline: May 27, 2016