Who Can Apply:
- Be enrolled in a journalism program, public relations studies or courses preparing for a career in public relations.
- Be entering your senior year of undergraduate studies this fall.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Should be of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry.
- Completed online application form.
- A letter of recommendation, no more than two pages, from either a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- No more than two additional letters of recommendation from internship employers, educators or others.
- A one page résumé.
- A current academic transcript of all college/university courses completed. A typed, double-spaced two-page essay in English, on one of the following topics:
- Why does diversity matter to the public relations industry? What is the significance of having a diverse workforce in the public relations industry?
- How is diversity enacted in everyday public relations practice?
- What recent multicultural communication efforts have helped to bridge the gap between the community and the company/institution?
Deadline: June 1, 2020