Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a resident of Ohio.
- Parents of applicant (or applicant) must be a member in good standing with the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or higher at the time of application, with preference given to students pursing agricultural degrees.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 22.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Selected finalists must appear for an interview with the Committee on Saturday, July 29, 2017.
Submission: Please answer the following questions. (Limit your responses to 200 words or less)
- Discuss your school, community, and sheep related activities, including family involvement, 4-H and/or FFA involvement, sheep association membership, and other activities relating to the sheep industry.
- Explain the contributions that Ralph H. Grimshaw, the person for which this scholarship is named after made to the Ohio Sheep Industry? What roles did he have in the Ohio Sheep Industry?
- Answer the following, “Why I believe in the future of the sheep industry…”
- Answer the following.(250 words) Recently the American Sheep Industry has initiated a “Let’s Grow” Program. In Ohio last year we did experience sheep industry growth. There are many different segments of sheep production in Ohio which have been successful in marketing sheep, lambs, and wool.
Deadline: June 30, 2018