Ralph J. Torraco Scholarship (Deadline: April 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen. This program is open to applicants of all ethnicities.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements—A candidate must be currently attending, full time, an accredited, campus based college/university in the United States, pursuing a degree. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Financial Need—The candidate’s financial need is a consideration. A current FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) or the previous year income tax return is required.
5. Extra-Curricular and Community Participation—The extent to which a candidate has contributed to the life and welfare of college and/or community will be considered in the assessment of merit.
6. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members may be sponsored by their respective Chapters.
7. Timeframe—The candidate must continue studies within the academic year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
Deadline: April 15, 2018