Who Can Apply:
• Graduating high school no later than May/June, 2016 or actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States
• Have a parent currently in prison for a felony offense, OR
• As a result of the parent’s prior incarceration, the family is unable to provide sufficient financial assistance for tuition, book, and other related college expenses
• Write a 500+ word essay sharing your story;
• Where you wish to attend college;
• The career path you wish to pursue; and
• If awarded, how the scholarship could be of benefit.
• The essay must be received by email by no later than June 30, 2016.
• Provide your first and last name, email address, home, address, and phone number listed at the beginning of the essay (or in the letterhead)
• Provide a copy of your transcript or any form of attendance verification at an accredited college or university;
• Submit validating paperwork/verification that the parent named is your parent and was imprisoned. Copies of records are sufficient.
• Any material provided will be held in strictest confidence and will be shredded after the scholarship is awarded
Deadline: July 31, 2016