Raytheon Patriot Scholarship (Deadline: April 4, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- Be a US Army Veteran
- Be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate study, or be enrolled in a graduate program for the 2015-2016 academic year
- Be attending full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Demonstrate a commitment to and passion for their chosen field of study
- Demonstrate leadership and engagement in their community
- Be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD 214 and transcript
- Have received an honorable discharge, or be in good standing with his/her branch of service
Submission: Please provide answers to the following three essay questions (maximum of 300-500 words per essay). Your word document should include your name and clearly specify each answer by number.
1. What do you hope to accomplish with your degree? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
2. Briefly describe what it means to you to have served in the U.S Army. Provide information if your assignment included service as part of a Patriot unit.
3. Please provide an example of how you have demonstrated leadership. Explain how you were influential and what you were trying to achieve. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your chapter, your university, or your broader community.
Deadline: April 4, 2016
Learn More: Raytheon Patriot Scholarship