Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship (Deadline: March 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be pursuing, or intending to pursue, a degree with a cybersecurity or information security focus.
- Eligible applicants must be one of the following:
- A high school senior
- A first year undergraduate student
- Mid-career professionals pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Mid-career professionals may be in their freshmen, sophomore or Junior year.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.30
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If you are awarded; no awards will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Note: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Deadline: March 1, 2018