Resistance Welder Manufacturers’ Association Scholarship (Deadline: February 15, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Junior level student in a four-year program only.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Financial need is not required.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or Canada, and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States or Canada.
- Applicant must be working towards a four-year degree in Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology.
- Applicant must submit a completed application.
- Applicant must provide an essay of 500 words or less about why the student wishes to become involved in the resistance welding industry.
- Candidates must submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or an Academic Advisor using the RWMA Scholarship Recommendation form.
- Candidates must submit a second letter of recommendation from another party, such as an employer, using the RWMA Scholarship Recommendation form.
- Candidates must submit a personal statement to include the following information: demonstrated timeliness and completion of assignments, creativity in solving problems, demonstrated responsibility on own initiative, ability to work well with others, organization skills (ability to handle multiple tasks, time management), participation in class, campus and outside organizations, participation in AWS Student and Section activities, and career objectives.
Deadline: February 15, 2018