Who Can Apply: The Richard C. Hayden Family Scholarship was created in December 2012 in a spirit of service and gratitude. It is a way for the Hayden Family to honor Rick’s hometown and to share the family’s blessings with young King George athletes. The fund will recognize athletic acheivements and support the college education of exemplary competitors.
Each year, at least one scholarship will be awarded to the King George senior who best represents the values of fair play and good sportsmanship. The winner should also exemplify personal character while representing King George, he or she must be a positive role model, worthy of being emulated by future students.
Applicants to the Richard C. Hayden Family Scholarship Fund must:
- Be a graduating senior from King George High School.
- Have lettered in one or more J.V and/or Varsity sports programs.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or a 4-year college or vocational school.
- An essay of no more than 900 words that discusses: Your sports acheivements and what they have taught you. Scholarship reviewers will be interested to hear about the best sports experience you have had and why it was the best, as well as what you plan to do with your love of sports in the future.
- Applicants may submit one or two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach, supervisor, etc.
Deadline: March 1, 2020