Who Can Apply: To be eligible for the Richard A. Castro Community Service Scholarship, a student must:
- Have been enrolled the final two years of his/her education at a public school district within El Paso County.
- Must have a proven, strong commitment to community service and volunteerism (must show proof of service with a letter from the agency(ies) served or a school counselor, stating the work performed and number of hours served. To be eligible, candidates will have performed and verified in writing a minimum combined 80 hours of community service or volunteer hours during their four years in high school; and
- Meet all graduation requirements by June of their graduation year, as specified by the school district attended, and as set forth by the State of Texas (e.g., credits, EOC, state tests, etc.); and
- Have been accepted for enrollment to the University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso Community College or any accredited institution of learning or trade school within El Paso County; and
- Must be enrolled full-time in such institution of learning or trade school and show proof of enrollment.
Deadline: April 5, 2021