Who Can Apply: AAJ’s Minority Caucus will award a $5,000 scholarship to a minority law student member who is entering his/her first, second, or third year of law school. The winner must attend the AAJ Annual Convention in Washington, D.C. to receive the award. Travel and accommodations will be provided.
- Exhibits an interest and proficiency of skills in trial advocacy
- Expresses a desire to represent those who have been injured by the negligence or misconduct of others
- Promotes accountability and safety
- Demonstrates a commitment to AAJ and dedication to its mission through involvement in an AAJ student chapter and Minority Caucus activities
- Shows a financial need for the scholarship
- A resumé
- A 500-word essay on how you meet the criteria
- Up to three (3) recommendations from a faculty adviser, trial advocacy professor, dean, AAJ member, or trial lawyer; and
- A completed form verifying your student status.
Deadline: May 1, 2020