Richard W. Mitchell Memorial Workforce Development Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
– Member of (or child of) the Dutchess Regional Chamber of Commerce or participant in the Career Action
Center at Poughkeepsie High School, the Youth Leadership Program, or Chamber of Commerce Workforce
– Demonstrated significant economic, physical, developmental or emotional barrier(s)
– Demonstrated ability to succeed in their chosen course of study
– Community involvement
– Demonstrated financial need
– Essay discussing your economic, physical, developmental or emotional barrier(s) and your future aspirations (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: April 1, 2019