Who Can Apply:
- Applicants must live in or be a graduate of an accredited public or private high school in the 21 counties in central Georgia served by the Community Foundation of Central Georgia — currently Baldwin, Bibb, Bleckley, Butts, Coffee, Crawford, Dodge, Houston, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Laurens, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Spalding, Taylor, Twiggs, Upson, and Wilkinson counties.
- Applicants must be seeking a Bachelor’s Degree of Science with a major in chemistry, biology, physics, or geology, and must maintain one of the major fields of study in college to remain eligible.
- Applicants must be completing their first undergraduate degree. The scholarship is not for those pursuing additional undergraduate degrees, a Master’s degree or a PhD.
- Applicants must be planning to enroll at an accredited college or university within the United States. Online or for-profit schools are not acceptable academic destinations for applicants.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 grade point average in high school and must maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 grade point average in college to remain eligible.
- The applicant’s high school coursework must have included advanced science and math courses*, and a student must not have a grade lower than a B in any math or science courses. A diversity of science and math courses would be beneficial for the applicant.
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need.
- Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
Deadline: March 15, 2018