Who Can Apply: The applicant must be an Iowa resident planning to attend an Iowa college/university during the 2015-2016 school year. The applicant can be a current high school senior or someone already enrolled in a college/university. Governor Branstad and the other members of the Iowa Centennial Memorial Foundation will host a reception in honor of the winners in late July or early August in Des Moines.
- High school and/or college transcripts.
- Federal tax return(s).
- If you are claimed as a dependent, your parent or guardian’s return(s).
- If you are NOT claimed as a dependent, you and your spouses’ return(s).
- Statement of awards and/or grants you will receive from the college financial aid office (if applicable).
- The name and address of two (2) people, other than family members, that that are willing to write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Original 500-word essay on the topic described below.
Essay Topic: Select an individual from your community (not a family member) that has demonstrated the responsibilities of being a citizen. Write a 500-word essay on what this individual has done for his/her community.
Deadline: May 10, 2015
Amount: $500 to $1000
Learn More: Robert D. Blue Scholarship