Who Can Apply:
- In order to qualify for the Rosen Hagood Community Service Scholarship, an applicant must be currently enrolled in a course of study at any duly accredited community or junior college, undergraduate or graduate degree program anywhere in the United States.
- Candidates must be in good academic standing and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- High school graduates or GED holders who are about to embark on college-level studies are also eligible.
- Eligible candidates must also be able to demonstrate their strong commitment to serving the community and be able to describe personal examples of the service to the community they have committed to in the past.
Submission: In order to apply for the scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- Pertinent contact information, updated resume, and current status as a student.
- A 750-word original essay which provides the candidates’ experiences of community service and what giving back to the community means to them. (NOTE: it is preferred that all essays be typed in 12-font Times Newman font.)
- An up-to-date transcript from the applicant’s current institution. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. (NOTE: first-year students are permitted to submit unofficial transcripts from their most recent institution attended along with unofficial documentation from their current school.)
Deadline: August 1, 2021