Samuel Eliot Morison Naval History Scholarship (Deadline: April 29, 2016)
Who Can Apply: The scholarship provides a $5,000 cash award to one active duty commissioned officer of the U.S. Navy or U.S. Marine Corps with demonstrated leadership potential and high academic qualifications who is already pursuing graduate study in history, international relations, or a related field. The award is to help pay for expenses related to research, travel, and the purchase of books or other educational materials.
- University presently attending or to which application has been made and the current status of that application;
- Copy of officer biography;
- A statement from the applicant that includes an outline of the proposed education program, degree objective, major;
- A copy of all official college/university transcripts;
- A statement not to exceed 500 words concerning the relationship of the Morison Scholarship to the applicant’s interests and the value to be derived both by the individual and the Navy;
- Commanding officer’s endorsement;
- A contact address and email.
Deadline: April 29, 2016
Learn More: Samuel Eliot Morison Naval History Scholarship