Who Can Apply:
- At the time of application the individual must be a student in an ABET-accredited program in civil engineering or related field, a member of his/her local ASCE Student Chapter, and a Student Member of the Society in good standing at the time of application and award. No more than one application may be submitted from the membership of any one Student Chapter.
- The scholarships may be awarded only to those students who will employ them to continue their formal undergraduate education in a recognized educational institution.
- Previous recipients may apply for consideration in succeeding competitions provided all other requirements of eligibility are satisfied.
(1) completed application form;
(2) statement by the applicant of the reasons believed to justify an award to him or her, as well as plans for continuing his/her formal education;
(3) detailed annual budget;
(4) official transcript;
(5) resume; and
(6) minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation, one which must to be completed by the Student Chapter Faculty Advisor and at least one letter from one other member of the faculty.
Deadline: February 10, 2018
Learn More: http://www.asce.org/scholarships/tapman/