Who Can Apply: Sarah Bonnifield chose that the majority of her estate be left for the benefit of several veteran organizations and other nonprofit organizations including the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 500. The Sarah A. Bonnifield Vietnam Veterans Scholarship Fund was established by the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 500 to honor Sarah Bonnifield in perpetuity by providing financial support in the form of a scholarship each year to a Vietnam Veteran or a dependent or relative of a Vietnam Veteran.
- Be a Vietnam Veteran or a dependent or relative of a Vietnam Veteran (relative may be a spouse, son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, nephew or niece)
- Be pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university
- Provide a copy of the Veteran’s DD214 or submit proof of military service
- Letter of Recommendation: Please provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who are not related to the applicant
- Second letter of recommendation
- Essay: Please write an essay on the role(s) and significance of the United States Air Force in Vietnam – both air and ground
Deadline: March 6, 2020