Who Can Apply:
- You must be a legal U.S. resident, studying in the United States.
- You need to be enrolled or seeking enrollment in a full-time graduate or undergraduate course at an accredited university in the U.S.
- You must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0.
- You need to write an essay giving us your thoughts, opinions, arguments, and reasoning on The Impact of Connected Technology on Society.
- The essay should be between 1,300 and 1,500 words.
Submission: There are several approaches you can take in your essay — here are some starting questions. Your essay doesn’t need to be limited to these, but they should inspire further thinking.
- What are the major changes that smart phones, smart homes, the Internet of Things, and connected businesses will make to the way we communicate and connect on a human level?
- How does our ability to instantly connect and communicate with a global audience change our perspective and point of view?
- In a technological environment that drives us to be more effective, efficient, and productive, how does developing deeper connections with others make those goals easier?
- Will technology make us feel happier, safer, and more fulfilled as a society? Is there a danger that technology will separate groups into their own little “bubbles?”
- How do we escape the “echo chambers” created by technology that just reflect our own thoughts and opinions back to us?
- How will our increasingly hyper-connected world enhance or damage our society over the next five, ten, or twenty years?
Deadline: September 1, 2017
Learn More: https://www.sciencelogic.com/company/scholarship