Who Can Apply:
- Attends or will be attending an accredited Indiana college.
- Must have a grade point average of 2.8 higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Volunteer at a public safety organization such as fire, law enforcement, emergency management or emergency medical services (validated by chief executive). IDHS will determine compliance eligibility. For more information on the compliance of an organization contact the council coordinator.
- Complete a foundation scholarship application form and include an official college or high school (for incoming freshmen) transcript.
- A recommendation letter from the public safety organization’s chief executive describing the volunteer work completed by the applicant.
- A resume or list of past employment, awards, honors, and/or volunteer/service activities.
- A minimum 500-word essay describing why the applicant applying for this scholarship and why the applicant believes volunteering is important.
- A completed Vendor Information Form (State Form 53788)
Deadline: July 1, 2015
Learn More: Secure Indiana Scholarship Program