Who Can Apply:
- Enrolled in a science-related degree program (preference for wildlife biology or natural resources).
- Passed FAA written flight test and medical exam.
- Pursuit of flying as a part of science-related career goals.
- Preference will be given to students who are enrolled in the University of Alaska system and demonstrate financial need.
- Prior year awardees are eligible to reapply.
- Complete the online application for the Shelly Szepanski Scholarship
- Essay. Upload an essay that is approximately 1,000 words. Describe your background, your educational and professional goals, how flying is relevant to these goals, and your specific qualifications for this scholarship.
- Letters of recommendation. Upload two letters of recommendation.
- Resume. Upload resume and/or summary of work experience, activities, personal interests or community service participation.
- Transcripts. Upload official transcripts from all relevant institutions. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Upload a copy of FAA written exam results and current FAA medical certificate.
- Statement of Financial Need. Upload a document that details the specific costs of your education and flight training. Include other sources of support, income, expenses and any mitigating circumstances regarding your financial need.
Deadline: April 11, 2019