Who Can Apply:
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher or academic performance that indicates ability to succeed in college.
- Be a full and active member of a United Methodist church in Florida for at least one year prior to applying and remain active in church and community activities as a scholarship recipient.
- Be planning to attend a Florida or United Methodist college or university.
- Be making adequate progress toward a bachelor’s degree and continue to be an active church and community leader.
- Provide three letters of reference showing involvement and/or leadership in church, school and community activities. One letter should be from the applicant’s senior or associate pastor or youth director at the applicant’s home church.
- Download and complete the application form.
- Attach a copy of your most recent high school transcript.
- Submit an essay describing your church, community and school activities; honors and awards received; and future goals and educational plans.
- Submit three letters of recommendation (see requirements above).
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Amount: $2,000 to $3,000
Learn More: https://www.fumf.org/scholarships/