Who Can Apply:
- Must be classified as an African-American, who is attending one of the Historically Black Colleges or Universities (HBCUs).
- Must be classified as a sophomore, junior or senior during the 2021-22 Academic year.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2,5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the U.S.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (“FAFSA”) form.
- Have a demonstrated, unmet financial need as verified by their college or university.
- Must be enrolled in the one of the designated fields: architecture, construction management, engineering, marketing, mass communications and public relations.
- Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
- Essay – Applicants must submit a one-page personal statement online, regarding the student’s career goals or interest.
- A current transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one academic from collegiate personnel and one general from community, which is a non-family member.
Deadline: September 1, 2021