Who Can Apply: Eligible beneficiaries for The SNA Foundation’s Scholarship Program include: Alaska Natives who are enrolled, Pursuant it to the 1971 Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in Seldovia Native Association, Inc. shareholders and their lineal descendants (children, grandchildren, etc.; natural or adopted) and spouses.
Qualifications: Eligible applicant must be enrolled:
- as full-time students (12 or more credit hours per semester for undergraduate students; 9 or more credit hours per semester for graduate students);
- at an accredited college or university or accepted for admittance to a post secondary program; and for a two-year or four-year undergraduate degree or graduate degree program.
Applicants should maintain a current cumulative grade point average (GPA) to qualify for scholarships as follows:
- 3.0 GPA or better for Achievement Scholarships
- 2.0 GPA or better for the General Scholarships
There is no Alaska residency requirement for Foundation scholarships.
- Scholarship application, completed, signed and dated.
- An official copy of your grade transcripts (or a copy of your high school grade transcripts if you are entering freshman; or a college of your GED certificate).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, employers and others who know of your past experience and potential to succeed in your chosen field of study. New letters must be submitted by repeat students if those on file with the Foundation are two or more years old.
- A copy of your proof of acceptance letter from your college/university if you are entering for the first time.
- A photograph of yourself (optional).
- Deliver or mail, postmarked no later than the deadline to: The SNA Foundation, PO Drawer L, Seldovia, Alaska 99663
Deadline: July 1, 2016
Learn More: SNA Foundation Scholarship