Who Can Apply: Available to undergraduate students enrolled full-time in any school in the United States and its territories, Canada and Mexico, provided: (1) the school’s industrial engineering program or equivalent is accredited by an agency or organization recognized by IISE; and (2) the student is pursuing a course of study in industrial engineering and operations research with a definite interest in the area of healthcare. The amount of the scholarship is $1,000. A candidate for this award must:
- Be an active Society for Health Systems student member.
- Have an overall point-hour average of 3.00 on a scale of 0-4.00.
- Be enrolled full-time, as defined by the student’s university.
- A transcript and resume or CV including statement of career objective.
- Three letters of recommendation reinforcing applicant’s contributions to the industrial engineering profession in healthcare.
- Statement of Interest in Healthcare describing candidate’s contributions to, or experience in, industrial engineering in healthcare
- A three to five page original essay supporting the theme “IEs in Healthcare: Improving Processes in Healthcare.”
Deadline: December 1, 2016
Learn More: http://www.iienet2.org/details.aspx?id=857