Who Can Apply:
1) The applicant must be a childhood cancer survivor (does not have to be receiving treatment to qualify), or someone currently diagnosed with a childhood cancer.
2) The applicant is enrolled in or accepted for enrollment to an accredited undergraduate or graduate program.
3) Sofia’s Hope requires the recipient of a scholarship to submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the college/university of their choice or a letter of good standing from the registrar.
4) The applicant must submit the completed Scholarship Application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
5) The applicant must submit at least one letter of recommendation from academic teacher addressing why they should receive the scholarship. Must be on official school letterhead.
6) A letter on official letterhead from survivor/patient’s attending physician verifying medical history and current medical situation must also be submitted. Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be utilized to support the qualification of consideration for the scholarship.
7) The applicant must submit an essay discussing the following question. HOW HAS MY EXPERIENCE WITH CHILDHOOD CANCER IMPACTED MY LIFE AND CAREER GOALS? Essays must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,000 words.
8) Awardees will be eligible to apply for funding every year, so long as they provide a testimonial and photo. More details will be provided to awardees.
Deadline: April 1, 2021