Who Can Apply: You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
Submission: Here are a few things you can do to prepare your application:
- Plan who your references will be: No need to collect letters; we provide an online reference form. Until then, think about who your two biggest cheerleaders are … they can be mentors, teachers, counselors, supervisors, colleagues, or case managers.
- Draft your personal statement: The Live Your Dream Awards are all about helping women who have faced obstacles on the path to living their dreams. Since 1972, the award has provided tens of thousands of women with cash grants to help them achieve their educational and career goals. In 750 words or less, tell us how you think this could help you live your dream.
- Mark your calendar: The Application Portal is open August 1 – November 15 each year.
Deadline: November 15, 2020