Who Can Apply: Southwest Airlines is pleased to offer two individual Maintenance Training Scholarships.
- The Recipient may choose from the following courses: two-week 737-700/800 systems class or one-week 737-700/800 avionics class.
- Included in the scholarship is a round-trip ticket on Southwest Airlines to Dallas, hotel accommodations, and provisions for meals for the duration of class.
- During the time the recipient is attending training he/she will meet with tech ops leaders; tour the DAL maintenance facility, headquarters, and NOC; shadow a supervisor in tech ops; and attend other fun Southwest Airlines’ events.
- In addition to the WAI scholarship checklist items, the applicant must meet the following requirements: have an A&P license or be an active A&P student at the time scholarship is awarded; include an essay (200 words or less) that explains his/her interest in aviation.
- Recipient will have one year from the time awarded to redeem the scholarship.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018