St. Cloud Times Spark Scholarship (Deadline: March 1, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be from St. Cloud Times Service Area: Albany, Annandale, Becker, Big Lake, Eden Valley–Watkins, Foley, Holdingford, Kimball, Little Falls, Long Prairie, Melrose, Milaca, Paynesville, Pierz, ROCORI School District, Royalton, Sartell/St Stephen School District, Sauk Rapids/Rice School District, St. Cloud School District, Swanville, and Upsala
- High School Senior, Community College/Technical College Student, or Non-traditional Student (student returning to college after the age of 26)
- Planning to attend or attending: a two-year technical/community college (full-time enrollment required)
- Entering a 2-year program in one of the following areas:
- Construction Technology for a career in the following: Carpentry, Architectural Technology, Electrical Construction, Heating , Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration, Surveying, Plumbing and Water Environment Technologies, etc.
- Business, Communication and IT for a career in the following: Accounting, Business Management, Information Technology Infrastructure, Marketing and Design. Graphic Design, etc.
- Manufacturing Technology for a career in the following: Manufacturing and Applied Engineering, CNC and Advanced Machining, Computer-Aided Design Manufacturing, Computer-Aided Mechanical Design, Energy & Electronics, Welding/Fabrication, etc.
- Natural Health and Science for a career in the following: Nursing, Surgical Technology, Dental Hygienist, Medical Billing, Child/Adult Care & Education, Practical Nurse, etc.
- Other Specialized Training for a career in the following: Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Auto Body, Auto and Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Law Enforcement, and other two-year programs.
Submission: Essay: Single page, double space: Respond to both questions.
- What or whom has had the greatest influence on your life?
- How is this affecting the direction of your life?
Deadline: March 1, 2019