The A.T. Anderson Memorial Scholarship Program (Deadline: March 31, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Physical Science, Technology, Science, Engineering, or Natural Resources.
- Students must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four-year college/university for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must be: an enrolled member or a decedent of an enrolled member of a federally or state recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaskan Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or decedent from a Native Hawaiian. Enrollment documents and/or a copy of birth certificate(s) showing descendancy from an enrolled citizen or Native Hawaiian are acceptable. Applicants may also, instead, provide a copy of their Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood (CDIB) card.
- Resume: Submit your current resume through the OASIS platform. E-mailed resumes will not be accepted. If you need help creating a resume, your school will likely have a Career-Services office that can help.
- Letters of Recommendation: Be sure to give your recommenders plenty of time to complete their recommendation (at least three weeks). It is often helpful to talk with them before you submit the form, to ensure they can complete a positive recommendation for you in a timely fashion. All recommendation letters must be submitted through the OASIS platform.
- Essays: Students are required to submit 3 essays, up to 500 words each. These essays are an important part of the scholarship review process.
- Essay Prompt 1: Please share a personal statement that highlights your background, interests, academic achievements, and what impact you hope to have in your community and/or profession.
- Essay Prompt 2: What stimulated your interest in your chosen major or area of study?
- Essay Prompt 3: What activity or activities (cultural, community-related, occupational, academic, athletic etc.) most clearly reflect your character? Please describe your participation. Why is participation in this activity or these activities important to you?
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Amount: $1,000, $2,000
Learn More: http://www.aises.org/scholarships/at-anderson