TechChecks Business Leadership Scholarship (Deadline: June 15, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- Incoming students for fall of 2016, who are US Citizens, are eligible for the scholarship.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are female, have a disability, or belong to one of the following minority groups:
- African American
- Asian American/Pacific Islander
- Native American/American Indian (must be able to provide proof of membership to a tribe)
- Applicants must be working toward their MBA or any other field that emphasizes business or marketing
- Winners are not based on financial need.
- Scholarship awarded to students with an average SAT score of 1070, Math ACT 26 or higher and average GPA of 3.5 or above.
- A copy of a scholastic transcript that proves the academic requirement (Note: If you are a High School Graduating Senior please provide a copy of your high school transcript. You MUST provide a copy of your upcoming Fall Enrollment schedule from your college/university before we can release the fund.)
- Homeschooled students may apply as long as academic level is equivalent to that of their peers.
Submission: Each student must submit an original essay (600 – 800 words) on the topic outlined below. The essay must be the original work of the student and factually accurate, written in English, and may not infringe upon or violate any personal property rights of others.
- What is business leadership?
- How has the position of a CEO/business leader changed in recent years?
- What are the top attributes demanded of CEOs?
- How does leadership style effect the following: structure evolution and allocation of power, initiative and motivation, creation of confidence and coordination in the organization, and building morale and a good working environment?
- As globalization increases, will the socioeconomic impact of CEOs and business leaders’ thoughts becomes even greater, and why?
Deadline: June 15, 2016