Temple University Critical Language Scholarships for Intensive Summer Institutes (Deadline: Mid-November, 2015)
Who Can Apply: Scholarships for U.S. undergraduate, master’s and Ph.D students to participate in beginning, intermediate and advanced level intensive summer language programs at American Overseas Research Centers.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Non-citizens including Permanent Residents are not eligible, even if they anticipate naturalization by the beginning of the program.
- Be enrolled in an accredited U.S. degree-granting program at the undergraduate (associate’s, bachelor’s) or graduate (master’s, doctoral, professional degree) level.
- Your program must result in a degree. Applicants who are taking stand-alone or continuing education classes are not eligible.
- Your institution must be physically located in the United States or its territories. Students earning degrees at foreign colleges or universities are not eligible. Students earning degrees at U.S.-based institutions located abroad are not eligible.
- You must be enrolled at your home college or university in the Fall Semester during which the application is due. Please read the following information carefully:
- If you are not taking classes at your home institution in the fall semester, please confirm that you are, in fact, enrolled. Institutions have different requirements to maintain enrollment status and you will be required to provide a signed letter from your registrar stating that you were enrolled during the fall semester.
- If you are taking a leave of absence to participate in an organized semester- or year-long study abroad program, or to participate in a substantive internship program, you may still be considered eligible. You will be required to submit documentation of your study abroad or internship program. Decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
- In either case, you must submit a signed letter from your home college or university in the U.S. explaining your situation and your intention to re-enroll following the completion of your study abroad or internship program.
Deadline: Mid-November, 2015