The 2015 Health Wonk Scholarship (Deadline: November 30, 2015)
Who Can Apply: Any current, full-time master’s and doctoral student working in medicine, public health, nursing, and related fields at an accredited U.S. university or college is welcome to apply. There is no age requirement. Limited to U.S. residents.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- A 500-word personal biographical statement describing career objectives related to health.
- A 1,000- to 2,000-word essay on any topic pertinent to clinical care, public health research, health policy, or advocacy that describes opportunities for the improvement of health coverage, health care, and population health in the United States. The list below offers examples of potential essay topics that would be appropriate:
- Barriers to primary care within state Medicaid programs.
- Lessons learned assisting homeless individuals obtain psychiatric care in Boston.
- The impact of the Affordable Care Act on depression and hypertension among the previously uninsured.
- Medicaid-supported housing for “frequent-flyer” patients utilizing emergency department care.
- Improving quality and cost-effectiveness of Medicare Advantage health insurance plans.
Deadline: November 30, 2015
Learn More: The 2015 Health Wonk Scholarship