Who Can Apply: The College Horizons Scholarship is a “last dollar grant” and is intended to address any unmet need left after a student has received his or her financial aid package. Graduating seniors who are attending a Sacramento County High School and who have participated in the AVID program for a minimum of three (3) years in high school are eligible to apply for this award.
- Be a participant in the AVID program (minimum 3 years in high school)
- Be a graduating senior at a Sacramento county high school
- Be admitted and enrolled in a four year college or university with a minimum of 12 units
- Demonstrate need in a financial aid award letter from college
- Please attach a copy of your financial aid package award letter from the college or university you plan to attend. This letter must include your award amount and the Cost of Attendance.
- Letter of Recommendation: Please request one letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- Essay: Please provide a personal statement or college admissions essay 800 words or fewer
Deadline: March 6, 2020