Who Can Apply: Applicants to the Brian Conner Memorial Scholarship Fund must:
- Be graduating seniors at any Spotsylvania County High School.
- Verify participating and lettering in cross country and/or long distance track.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning, which may be a 2-year or 4-year college or vocational school.
- Demonstrate qualities of leadership. Facets of leadership to be rewarded include:
- Setting an example
- Taking personal responsibility
- Encouraging and mentoring friends, family and teammates
- Three reference letters: one letter from a teacher, one letter must be from a coach and the third from a personal reference. These references should be able to speak on the student’s leadership abilities and personal character.
- A written statement of no more than 1500 words that answers the following:
- Brian was known for his unassuming leadership and his dedication to his teammates. A leader with character in his academic, athletic and personal life, Brian led by example, taking responsibility in encouraging those around him to do their best. i. Define what leadership means to you. How have you been a leader with character in your own life? Please provide at least three examples.
ii. What does running mean to you? Please let us know what inspires and/or motivates you.
iii. What has been your greatest accomplishment in your cross country and/or long distance running career to date, and what impact did this have on you?
Deadline: March 1, 2020